Remove this ad

Fyyst

#61 [url]

Dec 6 15 6:53 PM

Top Jeb Bush political donor in Miami: I’ll vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump

This tells you everything you need to know about Hillary's ties to Wall St.

One of Florida’s biggest conservative Republican moneymen — and a billionaire backer of Jeb Bush — is so disgusted by Donald Trump’s candidacy that if he has to, he’ll do the unthinkable:

“If I have a choice — and you can put it in bold — if I have a choice between Trump and Hillary Clinton, I’m choosing Hillary,” Miami healthcare magnate Mike Fernandez told the Miami Herald on Friday. “She’s the lesser of two evils.”

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Fyyst

#62 [url]

Dec 18 15 11:40 AM

45 times Secretary Clinton pushed the trade bill she now opposes

...as members of the Obama administration can attest, Clinton was one of the leading drivers of the TPP when Secretary of State. Here are 45 instances when she approvingly invoked the trade bill about which she is now expressing concerns...

See the list of all 45 instances

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#63 [url]

Dec 18 15 9:05 PM

Why Does Hillary Clinton Still Make Environmentalists Nervous?

Why are they nervous? It mainly comes down to Clinton’s history and connections. In the past, she supported some of the same policies she’s now against. As secretary of state, she said she was “inclined” to approve the Keystone XL pipeline permit. As a senator, she once took a different view of offshore drilling, as well, voting with Republicans (pre-BP disaster) to pass a bill that opened up 8 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico to offshore drilling.

On top of that, Clinton has stronger ties to the fossil-fuel industry than her Democratic counterpartsnot to mention many Republicans. In 2014, she campaigned for Keystone XL pipeline supporter Mary Landrieu, who was fighting to keep her Senate seat in Louisiana. (Landrieu has returned the favor.) Clinton has also taken at least $150,000 in oil and gas contributions, which Huffington Post notes is more than any of the GOP presidential candidates. 

It doesn’t help, either, that she hasn’t pledged to ban fossil fuel extraction on federal lands—environmentalists’ top priority now, after Keystone. She struck a middle ground on permitting coal, oil, and gas production to continue, much like Obama has. Sanders, on the other hand, has called for halting future production on public lands.

source

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#64 [url]

Dec 18 15 10:26 PM

Fire Debbie Wasserman Schultz

It's increasingly clear that Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, isn't acting as a neutral party Chair, trying to insure a fair and democratic primary and building the Democratic Party in the states.

Rather, she's acting as a shill for Hillary Clinton, doing everything in her power to ensure that no one will effectively challenge Hillary's coronation as the nominee.

Wasserman Schultz is committing political malpractice and should be removed.

Source

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#65 [url]

Dec 23 15 9:52 AM

For Clinton to double down on the $250,000 marker while making no promise to increase the deficit creates a one-way ratchet for public investment. She can announce all kinds of promising ideas—paid family leave, debt-free college, early childhood education—but if she refuses to either pay for them or decide that paying for them isn’t necessary given their boosts to overall investment, they aren’t likely to occur. 

Clinton has rejected a paid family leave bill from her home-state senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, because it would increase individual payroll taxes by 0.2 percent, about a $1.38 increase for the median wage earner. If she opposes that, Sanders said in the debate, “She is disagreeing with FDR on Social Security, LBJ on Medicare.” It’s a disavowal of universal benefits that happen to be the most robust, secure, and popular.

source

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#66 [url]

Dec 23 15 10:05 AM

How Hillary Clinton Could Ask A Single Donor For Over $700,000

Presidential candidates have always looked for legal ways to get more campaign cash. In 2008, for instance, the Obama operation asked big donors to give around $30,000, just hitting the legal limits for giving to the campaign, DNC and related committees combined.

This year, by comparison, Hillary Clinton's organization can ask donors to give nearly three-quarters of a million dollars each. Here's how it works:

Donors who are rich – and willing – can give $5,400 to the Clinton campaign, $33,400 to the Democratic National Committee and $10,000 to each of the state parties, about $360,000 in all. A joint fundraising committee lets the donor do it all with a single check.

On Jan. 1, the contribution limits reset for the party committees, and the Hillary Victory Fund can go back to its donors for another $350,000 in party funds.

All told, a single donor can give more than $700,000 for the election. That's serious money, according to campaign finance lawyer Brett Kappel. He said, "It also shows you where campaign finance law has gone. We're now back in the era of soft money."

source: NPR

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Fyyst

#67 [url]

Dec 23 15 10:14 AM

#NotMyAbuela: Hillary Clinton offends some with ‘grandma’ pitch to Latinos

Was Clinton, a white woman educated at Wellesley and Yale, trying to somehow inhabit the character of a wise Latina (to borrow a phrase from Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor)? Or worse: Was she trying to compare her struggles to that of Spanish-speaking immigrants, many undocumented and still living in the shadows as GOP candidates mull mass deportation?

On social media, outrage was collected under the hashtag “#NotMyAbuela.”

“Let me be clear,” one Twitter user wrote. “… You are #NotMyAbuela and you should fire the person who thought up that awful marketing campaign.” Another: “Hillary compares herself to my Latina grandma’ –Please just stop!” Yet another: “My Abuelita never got to meet her U.S. born grandchildren b/c of unjust immigration laws.”

Yet, this was far from the first time Clinton has courted Latinos, albeit awkwardly.

“I gotta tell you, I love being ‘La Hillary,'” Clinton said at a rally in Texas in October, trying out a nickname that appeared to be a work-in-progress. “I promise I will keep working on my pronunciation — but I’m not just La Hillary. I’m tu Hillary.”

Some winced.

Source: Washington Post

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#68 [url]

Dec 24 15 2:04 PM

U.S. Intel Agency Releases Redacted Benghazi Emails in Christmas Eve Hillary News Dump

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence had quite the holiday news dump today: some heavily redacted emails about the infamous 2012 Benghazi attacks.

According to The Hill, the emails include a Benghazi Intelligence Review and links to articles about the individuals who may have been involved in the attack.

However, a lot of it is redacted. See for yourself:

source

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#69 [url]

Dec 25 15 1:39 AM

Attempting to resurrect the growth and high wages of the Clinton days is all well and good. But while much about the '90s was positive, the decade was also plagued by the manifest failures of Bill Clinton's economic policy. There is little evidence that Hillary Clinton has grappled with those failures, or even with what lay behind her husband's successes. Nor does she seem to have rigorously questioned whether the economy might have evolved such that simply trying to repeat history might not work.

...Financial deregulation (a bipartisan affair in those days) turned out to have some nasty side effects. NAFTA's results were mixed at best. Worst of all, Clinton's heralded welfare reform turned out to be a grim failure. The true disaster of that policy was camouflaged somewhat by the brief '90s boom, but by now its full effects are obvious: a 150 percent increase in extreme poverty.

Finally, there's the issue of general economic structure. The '90s boom took hold fairly easily. But since then, the economy has sickened dramatically: Inequality has increased, the quality of jobs has decreased, the labor share of income has plummeted. Seven years after the 2008 crash, we're still missing about three points of prime-age employment (or about four million jobs).Attempting to resurrect the growth and high wages of the Clinton days is all well and good. But while much about the '90s was positive, the decade was also plagued by the manifest failures of Bill Clinton's economic policy. There is little evidence that Hillary Clinton has grappled with those failures, or even with what lay behind her husband's successes. Nor does she seem to have rigorously questioned whether the economy might have evolved such that simply trying to repeat history might not work.

source

Quote    Reply   

Fyyst

#70 [url]

Dec 26 15 11:50 AM

Clinton casts wider net for cash

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign is building the most expansive fundraising network in recent memory, taking its prospecting far beyond the usual Democratic strongholds on the East and West coasts.

source

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help